+ Why is it called Org.ly?
The Org bit is obviously short for 'Organisation Chart' which is what Org.ly is all about.
The .ly bit - well, it makes the app sound trendier, don't you think?
+ When will Org.ly be available in the Apple App Store?
+ Will there be an Android version of Org.ly?
Maybe. It all depends on how the initial iPhone version gets on. Fingers crossed.
+ Is Org.ly owned by a huge corporation?
Org.ly was conceived, designed and brought to market by Steve Brigden. Steve has been in IT/Technology sales for a (very) long time and got fed up making Org Charts using Powerpoint (which we all know is a rubbish experience) and decided that he could do better.
You can read about how Steve came up with the idea on the Org.ly Blog.
+ Why do I need to register?
Actually you don't. Registration is there so that we can send you updates, 'How-To' tips, etc. You don't need to register to get full value out of Org.ly. If you would prefer not to register just hit 'Skip' and you'll get straight in.
In future releases we plan to bring in certain features that will require registration in order to enable them, for example, collaboration on Org Charts with your colleagues. If you register now you'll get to hear about our future plans as then come along.
+ It's taking a long time to load.
You have a lot of contacts on your iPhone, right? If you have thousands of contacts it can take a number of minutes to import them all. Please be patient, good things are coming!
+ How do I create a new company and add contacts to it?
- Go to the ‘Unallocated' tab.
- Tap on the ‘Plus' symbol and then ‘Create New Company’.
- Enter the company name and then tap ‘Done'
- To add contacts to your company, swipe left on a contact then tap ‘Assign to Company’.
- Once you have added all of your contacts, tap the ‘Tick’ to save your changes.
- Your new Company can be found on the ‘Companies’ tab.
+ How do I rename a company?
- From the Companies tab, tap on the Edit icon (pencil) at the top right of the screen.
- Tap the ‘Edit’ symbol of the Company you want to rename, enter the new name, and then tap ‘Done.
- These changes are pushed down to all of the contacts within the company.
Note: When you rename a company the new company name is pushed down to all of the contacts within that company, renaming them too. Your contacts from Org.ly will then sync with those on your iPhone, and from there to Outlook, GMail or whatever other Contacts app you may use.
+ How do I merge two (or more) companies?
- From the Companies tab, tap on the Merge icon (two overlapping squares).
- Select the Primary Company that you want the others to merge with.
- Select the Company/Companies that you want to merge with the Primary.
- Tap the 'Tick' to save the changes. (Note that if there are hundreds of contacts to be merged that it can take some time).
- Doing this pushes the new company name down to all of the contacts within that company, which in turn will then sync to wherever else your contacts are stored e.g. GMail, Outlook, etc.
Note: When you merge two companies the new company name is pushed down to all of the contacts within the company being renamed, renaming them too. Your contacts from Org.ly will then sync with those on your iPhone, and from there to Outlook, GMail or whatever other Contacts app you may use.
+ How do I add a contact to a company?
- Go to the ‘Unallocated' tab.
- Tap on the ‘Plus' symbol and then ‘Assign Users to Company’.
- Next, select the company that you want to add users to.
+ How do I remove a contact from a company?
- Tap on the company icon to view all contacts and tap on the contact you want to edit.
- Tap the ‘edit’ icon and then delete the entry in the Company field.
- Tap 'Done'.
Note: this contact is not deleted, just removed from this Company group.
+ How do I add a new contact?
- Tap the ‘Plus' symbol from the ‘All Contacts’ tab, or from within a Company.
- Enter the new contact’s details.
- Note that the Company name will be pre-populated if done from within a company.
- Tap ‘Done’.
+ How do I delete a contact?
- Find the contact you want to delete, either from within a company or from the All Contacts tab.
- Long press on the contact you want to delete and tap 'Yes'.
Note: Please understand that if you delete a contact from Org.ly it is deleted from your phone too. It's gone and it's not coming back, OK?
+ How do I add a logo to a company?
- Long press on the Company icon and then hit the ‘Edit’ icon.
- Tap the orange company icon, choose the logo you want from your photo album and then hit done.
Note that you will have to grant Org.ly access to your photos.
+ How do I remove a logo from a company?
- Select the Company you want to edit and long press on the Company logo.
- Tap ‘Yes’ and then the ‘Tick’.
+ How do I sync my contacts?
- Tap the ‘Menu’ icon and then tap ‘Sync’. (Note that if you have thousands of contacts this can take a number of minutes to complete.)
Note: Contacts changed within Org.ly are automatically synced with your iPhone contacts and therefore with other contacts applications you may use - Oultook, GMail, etc. Changes made in your iPhone contacts database - perhaps through changes in Outlook, etc. will need to be manually synced as described here.
+ How do I add or remove contacts to/from the Favourites bar?
- Tap the ‘Star’ on a contact and they will appear on your Favourites bar. Tap the ‘Star’ again and they will be removed.
- You can do this from anywhere you can see a star on a contact.
+ How do I add reports to a contact?
- From the Main Contact View, tap either the bottom of the screen or the ‘Reports’ icon.
- Swipe left on the contacts you want to add then select their ‘Report Type’.
- Tap the ‘Tick’ once you have added all of the reports.
+ How do I remove reports from a contact?
- Tap the ‘Reports’ icon.
- Long press on the report you want to remove and confirm removal.
- Tap the ‘Tick’ when you have finished.
+ How do I add a ‘To be Hired’ (TBH) contact to an Org Chart?
- Tap the ‘Plus’ symbol and select ‘Add To Be Hired’
- Tap ‘Done’, then tap the ‘Tick’.
+ How do I view the Org Chart for a contact?
- Swipe left on a contact from the Main Contact View.
- The Org Chart is automatically created and displayed in landscape mode.
- Tap the ‘Settings’ icon to select the number of Org Chart levels to view.
- Scroll up and down through the different Org Chart layouts.
- Tap the ‘Export’ icon to export your Org Chart for inclusion in Account Plans, etc.
+ Something has gone wrong, who can I contact?
Oh no! We are sorry to hear that. We do want to hear about any issues you find though, so please send us an email and we'll try our hardest to sort it out.
You can report a problem from within Org.ly:
Tap the ‘Menu’ icon and then from under the 'Help’ select either 'Contact Org.ly' or 'Report a Problem'.
Or you can also email us directly - firstname.lastname@example.org